Farmers are protesting against three farm laws for 1 month which is passed by the center some months ago.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday transferred ₹ 18,000 crores to the bank account of 9 crore farmers under a central scheme ” Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi or PM Kisan Scene.
What is PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme?
Under the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme or PM Kisan Scheme,
Government support of ₹ 6,000 per year is provided to all farmer families across the country in three equal installment every 4 months of ₹ 2,000 in the farmer’s bank account.
Who is eligible for this scheme?
- Farmers from both the urban and rural areas small and marginal farmers’ families.
- Landholding farmers’ families cultivable landholding in their names they can apply for this scheme.
Who are not eligible for this scheme?
- All those farmers who pay the income tax return were excluded from this scheme. Retired people who get a pension of ₹ 10,000 and above were also excluded from this scheme.
- The PM Kisan Scheme funded by the Center ₹ 75,000 crores per year.
How to register for this scheme?
Farmers can easily register through the web portal, www.pmkisan.gov, by uploading documents that prove their eligibility. The data of candidate uploaded by them go for multi-level verification, including by banks.
Farmers can easily register by their own for the scheme by logging on to the web portal or using paid government-recognized facilities.
This year, the center has launched a toll-free number – 1800115526 – to help farmers who want to avail of the scheme.
Documents required to register under PM-Kisan Yojana
- Aadhaar is mandatory.
- Citizenship certificate, landholding papers, and bank account details have to be submitted to the concerned authorities.
Note: Prime Minister Narendra Modi Said Today ” More than 1 lakh 10 thousand rupees have been paid out to farmers.”
I hope this is helpful for you, Thank you
You may also read my other blogs…